Emu chicks in NM or close by?

brideofchaos

Songster
5 Years
May 2, 2015
Magnolia, KY
Hi, y'all,

I have a friend seeking Emu (and peafowl) chicks. We are just outside of Albuquerque but I think he's willing to travel. Anyone know of someone around here or who will ship?

Many thanks,
Wendy

There are a few places on Isleta that have emus and sometimes they have small ones so you might check there (per my best friend that still lives in Albuquerque, where I am from). She doesn't know names or numbers though. Rio Grande zoo has emus now too but I'm not sure if they got them locally or what they will do with any eggs/chicks. The same goes for pea fowl because if I remember correctly the zoo has tons of them.

Sure! That's an easy question to answer. Floeckscountry in Tucumcari. The owner is just a wonderful lady. She also sells Ostrich and Rheas. Look up her website.

Sure! That's an easy question to answer. Floeckscountry in Tucumcari. The owner is just a wonderful lady. She also sells Ostrich and Rheas. Look up her website.
For whatever reason, they don't seem to offer emu chicks. They offers eggs and ostrich chicks. I did email them to see if they do.

Thanks so much for your help!

Emu chicks aren't in season right now, but probably starting in OCT / NOV they will be. Better if you called and talked to her.

Emu chicks aren't in season right now, but probably starting in OCT / NOV they will be. Better if you called and talked to her.
She answered me that she no longer hatches Emus, for some reason and had no one to refer me to. Kinda odd. Found another site that said their farm hatches in January and were taking deposits...so forwarded that on to my friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom