Emu egg season Fall of 2013 to 2014

still no eggs here either , 4 girls and no eggs , never had to wait this long for laying to start
idunno.gif

It worked ! We changed our name to the Egg Farm and the next day, this!

After we put eight bales of hay in the pasture for nesting, she lays in the spilled alfalfa under the goat feeder. I brought the egg in to keep the goats from breaking it. Do I collect the eggs and wait for the boys to start sitting. I am not sure what to do.

Last edited:
egg 17 has arrived.. Dorian has decided to start setting the nest.. on empty blown out eggs!.. dunno if Rose will lay any more or not.. since she's been sticking to every three days for an egg I can always check under him if he continues to sit on the nest.. otherwise it may be all she will lay for this season.. I still have more males for her to choose from.. but until I know for sure if Dorian is done courting I won't put any more boys in with her..

Dorian sat on the nest for all of one day.. then went back to Rose...

She laid 4 eggs since then (still every three days) so she's up to 21 so far.. more crazy weather due to hit tonight.. going from the 70's to the 30's with snow in one day's time is still a bit for them to get used to

Back
Top Bottom