Emu eggs yet?

Hi anyone in n.c or s.c or with in 200 miles have any emu chicks to sale?or going to have some to sale i am looking for 3to4 of them..

thanks

I found their nest right in the middle of a well traveled path. 4 in it then one more laid on the 6th. Watched my female lay one last night. She was pacing the chain link fence back and forth for about 15 minutes. She was making a low chirping sound . Like a car starter that just won't engage. Now the weird part the males were strutting about , till I sat down on the ground. Then they just left me and the female about 25' away and went to their nightspot a few hundred feet away. They normally have a no lay it here kind of helpful attitude . I didn't interact with the birds just stayed small and out of the way. If you have ever seen an emu lay an egg it's one heck of a thing. The female will sit on her legs then raise her body up to a 90 deg angle . After five or six of these throws a huge egg appears. This was the 6 th egg of my season and it was a runt only 635 g. They are typically 690-710g . Well 5 in the incubator my hatch will start around march 2 nd. In any are interested in getting eggs or chicks it's time to get on my wait list. I don't want to hatch out any more than are wanted in the area. I currently have 8 spoken for. I am getting 1 egg every 3 days. So after the 18 th that egg will be up for me to incubate or sell for you to hatch. Next year all heck should break out I will have 4 breeding females.

I am interested in some fertile Emu eggs to hatch. I raised Emus in the past and want to get back into it. Are you in California? and where are you? Please advise me if you have any and how much. Thanks for your time. If it is easier, you can email me direct [email protected] Thanks again Matt

Back
Top Bottom