END OF FEB. HATCH-ALONG, ANYONE?

My little white chick with the spraddle legs is running everywhere going to take off her boot and her hobbles tomorrow if she is still doing well. So far so good. Her toes are all straight again too so pleased.

Still at work. Update from home- they tell me the one pip is a little bigger but otherwise nothing. Getting worried. :(

Update: Got home and this was just happening!

3 more pips and 7 are still just hanging out. Come on chickies!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
So I set 30 eggs, Threw 2 out because they never grew. Put my incubator into lock down Saturday morning (all the eggs were looking good except 4.) and today is day 23 for half and day 22 for the other half and I still have no peeps
sad.png
I'm not sure where I went wrong. I figure I will give the eggs until Sunday or Monday just in case they are late bloomers. Then the eggs are getting thrown out and new ones will be set and I will start over.

Any suggestions? It was my first hatch by myself so who knows. My temp fluctuated between 98-101. That is not a big flux is it? The majority of the time was right at 99 though.

Any pips mkhenderson 17? I ended up with 7 (3 Delaware, 3 welsummer & 1 ameraucana). One Delaware has curled toes & seems a little splayed. Working with it (splints, hobbles) to see if I can fix it up. Hope you have some chicks!

Aw Congratulations!! I LOVE my Delaware hens. They are funny and full of personality! So far no Pips :( I think I killed them somehow... I re-candled them all and 8 looked bad so I opened them and no chicks...A lot of goo but I still have the others in the incubator. I'm hoping I may get something but I'm collecting eggs for my next hatch. I have changed my incubator set up some so hopefully I will have better luck. I also ordered a hydrometer/thermometer so I can have a closer eye on things.

I have seen people have good luck fixing chicks eggs, Im sure your little one will turn out ok. Maybe not breeding quality but may make a good little layer pet.

My 5 OE's were due to hatch the 27th. Four of them quit on me hatch day, the last one quit the day after hatch date. I was trying the dry incubation. never again!! I broke the last one open. Nearly half the egg was empty space. It didn't even pip internally.

I hope I got the humidity higher in incubator in time to save the next hatch, due on Mar. 10.

Last edited:
Only three of the 10 hatched. Two with severe leg/toe issues that I'm trying to fix. Of the 7 left - 5 had full grown chicks that quit after hatch day. With the leg issues, the others may have not been healthy enough to hatch anyway.
sad.png
I was so hopeful!

Back
Top Bottom