END OF FEB. HATCH-ALONG, ANYONE?

Sorry TDub. My last hatch attempt was similar to yours. 1 sticky chick that died at 3 days. The rest looked fully developed but never internally pipped. It was my first hatch in a home made incubator. I thought things were going better...lots better this hatch. Nice active chicks at lockdown late last night. Had trouble getting the humidity up but went to bed about 1:30am with humidity at 65% and temp100 and seeming to hold well. Woke up to 88% humidity and 95 degrees!!!! No clue why. Tried to start fixing it but had to leave for work. :( Left my poor boyfriend to try to figure it out while I was so busy at work I couldn't do anything. Took most of the day for him to get it stabilized.....I am hoping but not hopeful.

I lost a chick yesterday. Since hatching it just slept on its face with its legs stretched out behind it. I've got another one that seems very weak as well, it doesn't appear to have spraddle leg but can't seem to lift its front end up. I've been giving it a few drops of sav-a-chick every couple of hours and given it a splint in case it might help. Seems to be getting weaker as the day goes by, though.

Here's my chick pics so far:

Easter egger and blue orpington:

Golden comet x Barred rock:

sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
i lost my ideal packing peanut chick today too :/ congrats on the cuties though!

Well, I came home to an additional chick that must have hatched today. I also sold a dozen of this group today, so some have already moved out! Also, I have one egg that is still good. The others I think are duds, but when I floated this one was rocking all around. I don't know what to do! Hopefully it is just a late bloomer and will hatch tonight. Eggtopsies tomorrow.

Sorry for any of you who have lost chicks already, that's sad! But it looks like a few of you have a cute bunch of chicks!

I lost a chick yesterday. Since hatching it just slept on its face with its legs stretched out behind it. I've got another one that seems very weak as well, it doesn't appear to have spraddle leg but can't seem to lift its front end up. I've been giving it a few drops of sav-a-chick every couple of hours and given it a splint in case it might help. Seems to be getting weaker as the day goes by, though.

Here's my chick pics so far:

Easter egger and blue orpington:

Golden comet x Barred rock:

So cute!! Sorry that you lost one that's always sad :(. You little Easter Egger baby is so cute. I love the chipmunk look. What are the little black chicks? They are so cute?!! I ended up with two little black chickies. I am assuming they are cochin mixes since the rooster was a Light Brahma. I have one cochin hen in the coop with him but she is red with black dots on her. It's either that or I got some weird color going on lol. Have you had any problems with your waterer? I have the same one and had to put rocks in it this time because I lost a chick the last hatch who fell into it. This time with the rocks it seems to be working better or maybe the chicks are just more healthy who knows.

Most of the black ones are Easter Eggers, but two of the smaller ones are Gold Comet/Black Star crosses. A couple of the Easter Eggers have feathered legs so I'm hoping they might be Cochin crosses.

I haven't had any problems with my waterers at all. I've always used little red craft stones in them just in case. The one time I tried a saucer for a sick chick so he could reach the water easier, he kept throwing himself headlong into it and then cried because it was cold. *sigh* Sometimes I really wish we could reason with animals!
tongue2.gif

I have a pip this morning!!! Was expecting them to start late tonight or tomorrow. Now gone to work for 14 hours. :( Hoping they hatch ok.

Congrats on the perfect hatch, wowmanacat!

I have a pip this morning!!! Was expecting them to start late tonight or tomorrow. Now gone to work for 14 hours.
sad.png
Hoping they hatch ok.

I hope so too! My silkies all took about 14 hours from pip to zip, so maybe you'll have some fluffs to greet you when you get home.

Most of the black ones are Easter Eggers, but two of the smaller ones are Gold Comet/Black Star crosses. A couple of the Easter Eggers have feathered legs so I'm hoping they might be Cochin crosses.

I haven't had any problems with my waterers at all. I've always used little red craft stones in them just in case. The one time I tried a saucer for a sick chick so he could reach the water easier, he kept throwing himself headlong into it and then cried because it was cold. *sigh* Sometimes I really wish we could reason with animals!
tongue2.gif

I had the same thing happen with the waterer but I was at work at the time and came home to the chick dead in the waterer. It was so sad because it didn't seem sick before I left. Sometimes they just confuse me.

Back
Top Bottom