English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian

Pics
I think the lady who I bought mine from in New York (who had a working sheep farm at the time) has since moved west, but I think Oklahoma? I can send her an email to see where she moved to. She had good working dogs, health and working mentality on her dogs was top priority for her.
Mindy (my female) is a nut for 'her' chickens...

I think they meant it in a positive way, like she really really loves them.

Yep, this...
20180421_140100.jpg
20180427_220453.jpg
20180427_113107.jpg

She adores the birds and woe to the critter that dares get near her coops! She has dispatched possums, rats, raccoons....ran off stray cats and dogs and twice (witnessed by me and husband both) has stopped hawks during an attack and both times the chickens survived with nothing more than a couple of puncture wounds and lost feathers. She didn't manage to kill either hawk though.

Dillon has also taken care of numerous furred predators, though Mindy doesn't give him a lot of room once she sees an opportunity for a kill grab. She does seem to give him working space to distract the animal though.

Awwww adorable!

She adores the birds and woe to the critter that dares get near her coops! She has dispatched possums, rats, raccoons....ran off stray cats and dogs and twice (witnessed by me and husband both) has stopped hawks during an attack and both times the chickens survived with nothing more than a couple of puncture wounds and lost feathers. She didn't manage to kill either hawk though.

Dillon has also taken care of numerous furred predators, though Mindy doesn't give him a lot of room once she sees an opportunity for a kill grab. She does seem to give him working space to distract the animal though.

Wow that's awesome!!

I tried to participate in that a couple years back. Cold shoulder all the way so I dropped out. It came across as snobbery.
Really? That is so odd. I have found most everybody there to be very friendly and thoughtful.... You could try the ES breeders page (if you tell them what you are looking for in your ES they should be able to point you in the right direction). Also the ES club has a litter list online.

Back
Top Bottom