Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Quote:
Thank you so much! They are truly an amazing breed. I've got 36 breeds of poultry and these Marradunas have became my all time favorite.

Last edited:
92994_6basque25.jpg

92994_7basque25.jpg

Here they were taking advantage of a falling down tree from the tornados that came through.. We were so lucky!

Great pictures Skyline and gorgeous birds.
big_smile.png
Yes they lay a XL pale brown shiny egg, frequently. They are almost too friendly to eat. We have had no trouble finding pet homes for the extras. Our 3 years old is huge, tall and wide. I must weigh him!

Glad you are OK after the tornado. Those chickens can certainly find food anywhere
wink.png

Quote:
Thank you. That was one of the scariest moments of my life. You could hear trees snapping all around us..
You got that right! As soon as I let them out of the compounds, they're like a bolt of lightning grabbing every bug in sight. That's why I call them the terminators. I love to watch them coming from my dense woods happy and full. If they had arms I could picture them giving high fives,lol.. I'm so glad I've met you Claire. At least I got someone else who knows what wonderful birds these are. And thanks so much for all your helpful info.

Back
Top Bottom