Ever feel lonely when you dont have any PM's waiting for you?

I don't work weird hours, I'm in a different timezone to most of you, so I usually miss everyone and catch up in the mornings.
Finished work for the day and I'm chilling and seeing who else was on so far today.
What's on my mind is wondering where we'll be in about 4 months time. There's just so much going on now with one of our properties selling and the other one maybe selling as soon as well
bow.gif
Don't you ever wish you could lift the curtain and have a little peek?

And I wish I could get some Ameraucana or EE eggs for my customers for Easter. We don't get those breeds round here. In fact, no-one's even heard of them
hit.gif
Would've been fun to see people's reaction when I give them some colourful eggs!

What are you up to?

Wow, where are you from that doesn't know what EE's are? I mean at least the colored egg part!

Yes, seems everyone has a lot on their mind these days.I always have a billion things on my mind, sometimes it drives me crazy!

I don't work weird hours, I'm in a different timezone to most of you, so I usually miss everyone and catch up in the mornings.
Finished work for the day and I'm chilling and seeing who else was on so far today.
What's on my mind is wondering where we'll be in about 4 months time. There's just so much going on now with one of our properties selling and the other one maybe selling as soon as well
bow.gif
Don't you ever wish you could lift the curtain and have a little peek?

And I wish I could get some Ameraucana or EE eggs for my customers for Easter. We don't get those breeds round here. In fact, no-one's even heard of them
hit.gif
Would've been fun to see people's reaction when I give them some colourful eggs!

What are you up to?
Hey Sumi!
If you ever have friends or relatives visit the US I could help you get some eggs hand carried back home. I have some of my birds in Greece now. I've spoken with the flockmaster there and he has stopped taking requests and deposits for birds. He's selling them for 100 Euros each.!!!! Keep my e-mail handy.
Denise
Paradise Found

Hey Denise, sounds like a plan, but we've just sold one of our properties and we're trying to sell the other one now, then we're moving to the UK. Took us 4 years to get this far so it shouldn't take too long
smile.png
(I'm being positive, they say it helps)

I've no idea what the UK customs are like, guess I'll find out soon enough lol. If possible I'd love to get some eggs by you. I told one of my egg customers about blue and green eggs today and he gave me funny look and I told him about EE's and got an even funnier look and a "you're kidding me!" I could see he thought I was joking. I should download some pics off this site and go show him.

Seriously, this country needs more chicken breeds. I couldn't even get RiR's until recently and now we can, but they are so expensive, it's unreal.

Even if you're working long, late hours, we will hear you. What' on your mind?

Hi, if you were asking me?

Right now I've been thinking a lot on where I'm going to go with my poultry thing. I have to make some hard decisions on who stays and who goes, and what would be good breeds to raise for the area.I think I have it narrowed down.
roll.png
I say as I just sold 4 silkies today and used 80% of that money to buy another breed of duck in the same day.....
th.gif

Sumi:
I don't think you should expect troubles in England. I belive Ameraucana and EEs are there.

NYRIR: Yes Darlin' I was talking to you. How are you going to narrow down things when you impulse buy "another breed of duck". You know what's hot right now? Lavender Ameraucanas. I don't have any but they are selling high.

Sumi:
I don't think you should expect troubles in England. I belive Ameraucana and EEs are there.

NYRIR: Yes Darlin' I was talking to you. How are you going to narrow down things when you impulse buy "another breed of duck". You know what's hot right now? Lavender Ameraucanas. I don't have any but they are selling high.

HaHaHa .....I didn't impulse buy(this time
big_smile.png
)...I bought some Buff Orpington ducks to breed from a breeder. Here are my plans so far...

Narragansett turkeys

Buff American geese

For Chickens...
BLRW's
Showgirls and Silkies
Bantam Blue Cochins
EE's

For Ducks
Buffs
Anconas (B&W,Lavender, and Blues)
Restricted gene mallards

Sounds good. At the moment my biggest worry here is the bird flu epidemic which reared it's ugly head again. We are under such strict quarantine, I'm not allowed to let a live chicken off the farm. I'm going to have a problem with the agri people and making a plan with my chickens when we move... I'm not killing them! The chickens, I mean
big_smile.png

Though that being said, the agri people have been nice to me so far, letting me keep them in an area where they prefer we don't keep chickens... They took blood samples from my flock and autopsied one of my hens when she died and gave me lots of advice.
I'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but it is worrying me a bit.

Michelle1017:
frow.gif
to you too. Come talk to us. These guys are talking chicken breeds and I'm getting jealous
tongue.png

Gosh, I haven't visited here in a long time! I only have my flock of 12 RIRs and 3 that I hatched from Natalie. We call them our "New York" chickens. We still have our 2 geese and are up to 5 goats. Spring has finally sprung and I am glad to be back outside! How is everyone doing?

Just got home from work. Had a carp evening
sad.png

We're going into winter now, which is nice. We don't get terribly cold weather, but summer... Hell will hold no surprises for us!
I wanted to get a goat, but my DH said absolutely now way. They are impossible to keep under control and they eat everything. Are they really that bad? Surely not?
What are you up to?

Back
Top Bottom