Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

Does anyone have a picture of a Dutch capuchine/oriental roller mix? The lady I got my pigeons from is going to give me one of that mix. Just curious as to what it looks like

I know a mennonite family that lives down the road a bit from me and on his little homestead he has about 12 or so pigeons in a coop with a little run and has a window they like to fly i and out of and sit on top of the barn. He said he would sell me a few for $2 a piece and I've always wanted to raise pigeons and never have. How long should I keep them at my house till I let them free range before they stay around and not fly back to his farm? Or can they be since they've been free range for a real long time and are adults? Any tips on this or raising them would be helpful!

Better wait till he has some young birds for you.. not adults.. which will return to his home as its so close to you.

They breed really fast so it won't be long to wait!!

When you get the young ones keep them inside for at least one month.

I let my pigeon out for the first time today. She's a German Owl/Fantail cross. She hung around all afternoon, but didn't go back to her pen this evening... I hope she shows up in the morning! OnO;;

*edit* ...Yep, she didn't show back up today... I'm so sad! I've had her for 3 months, so I was fairly confident she'd stick around. Maybe she went back to her previous home, but the guy who had her moved to Tennessee... no birds left there. ~siiiiiiiiiigh........~

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom