Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

This cockerel has great potential, but after seeing Saladin's cockerel I see this guys tail angle is way off.
I'm sorry but this is not pure Asil it's a cross, fluff at tail and saddle and neck hackles give him away, plus pure Asils don't have orange eyes, then there the tail.

Last edited:
Curt Hanson only bred 3 different Asil into his line once every 8 years then 'bred it out.' He never used Boles.

An Andy Hightower cock, a Sonatol from LA, and the Hyderabad from Pakistan via London.
Curt bred several Atkinson strains into his Pakis and recently bred a little Atkinson cock that's half Bill Ross half Greg Graley. I have this cock now he's my Avatar, Curt sent him to me as he was done using him. He's a good little rooster

I would question purity based on someone's need to have eggs hatched by someone else, if they had asils. They should be hatching machines, like as in, I'll never need an incubator again.

So, I'm new to asils. I have a batch of "Raja" in the incubator now because I'm impulsive and have a hatching problem/addiction.

My issue is, I have been trying to do research on these particular "strain", but haven't really hit on anything.

If there's anyone here that can give us newcomers a run down of the differences between the various asil strains, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have one jet black Aseel stag from a working line. He is used to help with training dogs and will eventually be used for poultry shows later. May try to get a hen to see how they compare breeding to my American Games.
How does he help in training dogs. What are the dogs trained for? And could you show some pictures please.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom