Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics
Here is a

picture of my two month old Asil babies

Okay, I wasn't sure,my cockerel is starting to developed his tail feathers, but they seem to be taking forever to develop... I have had mine a week,and there hasn't been very much change at all...if any that I've noticed...
1f610.png

They definitely aren't like other breeds I've noticed...also,at what age should I expect to get my first egg?

Could be 6 to 10 months it depends if they go through a moult during that time. Breeding them is kind of delicate because the females will fight the males. So you really want to make sure your birds are mature ..I usually wait until there a-year-old

@Linnmarie
What color is ur 2 month old cockerel? My asils are the same color...I though it was dark,because it looks just like the color of dark Cornish chickens...but I looked on Google images and the dark pattern for asils was very different from dark Cornish.
Also,how do I post a picture on here? I am using a tablet,and can't figure out how to take pics from my gallery and post them on here...

[/IMG]
The first pic is of one of my two pullets(both are the same color),and the second pic is of my cockerel. The cockerel has curled toes...though I'm guessing it is from housing conditions before my ownership as opposed to deformities during incubation. All of my asils have red earlobes,parrot like beaks,gamey personality,jurassic/raptor like features, and they have yellow legs(part of the American Standard).

Back
Top Bottom