Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics
You get some pens of asil pullets and hens and your incubator will be on craigslist. They will hatch chicks like crazy and don't need a plug.

I agree...all except the fact that I've never had broody Asil hens...I just started getting into them when I got a young "trio" from auction...and I'm starting to think that its three cockerels of different ages...but I have two hens otherwise...but I do know about broodies...I have a couple mix breed hens who will sit several times a year...and if they don't have any luck,then they will sit on a new batch and go the whole 21 days over again.

Asil hens are the best momma hens ever.Mine will take any chick,any age,any color and even fight other hens and steal their chicks.I've got 6 brooders set up for Asil hens and chicks.It houses 50 chicks till they are quail size.Asils are the only hens around here that are allowed to raise chicks.

Lol
this little guy or gal is fearless. I had it sparring with a string tassle. He stayed on the attack

I guess I have something to look forward to then,lol. I can't wait for Friday to get here
1f60a.png
. I'm really excited about my eggs hatching. I really hope I will get a decent turn out...as I candled them yesterday afternoon,and I think I saw some development...though the light I was using wasn't so bright...so I couldn't really see through the wheels super well. But I am hopeful...

Back
Top Bottom