Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics
I have a young pair of chickens that I think may be Asil. I was buy eggs from a guy that had free ranging chickens mixed together as well as some pure breeds penned up. I never new which where which. Some I could tell when they hatched and these 2 both looked the same so I decided to keep them and see what they turned out to be. They are around 5 months old. What do you think? (I will add pictures of the hen in a minute)

I have a young pair of chickens that I think may be Asil. I was buy eggs from a guy that had free ranging chickens mixed together as well as some pure breeds penned up. I never new which where which. Some I could tell when they hatched and these 2 both looked the same so I decided to keep them and see what they turned out to be. They are around 5 months old. What do you think? (I will add pictures of the hen in a minute)
Look's like oriental/asil to me

I think these guys came from one of the pens he had. He had some sort of game chickens penned up, but they very well could be a mix of different kinds of game chickens as well (I didn't look very hard at them). The loose chickens where all dual purpose type and he sold the eggs for eating eggs, but I bought them to hatch. He had like 6 small pens of pure breed chickens that he sold as hatching eggs, but never remembered to label them so I didn't know what was what. I just thought they looked a bit like the pictures of the Asil, (tail shape, longer neck, same comb type). But I agree they may not be pure. They are interesting though. I have been debating keeping them or selling them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom