Excessive duck earwax?

hellost

Chirping
Oct 2, 2020
Hello.

Yesterday I noticed one of my ducks had a weird headphone-like thing on the right side of her head. It was soft and damp to the touch, and smelled badly.
She was the only duck who had this.

Is this normal?
Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7039 2.jpg

did it just fall off or did you have to tug it out of her?
Im thinking it could be a piece of a plant or tree or insect/worm or even a piece of poop from another bird? something that may not have come from inside her ear but rather landed on her?

did it just fall off or did you have to tug it out of her?
Im thinking it could be a piece of a plant or tree or insect/worm or even a piece of poop from another bird? something that may not have come from inside her ear but rather landed on her?
I had to tug it out of her. I also forgot to mention that it's not the first time this happens. About two months ago I removed a very similar thing from her ear.

No I have never seen anything like this and have looked in their ears before.
Matter of fact my goose was shaking her head and I looked in both her ears thinking something was wrong with her ears and they were both clear and had no smell but I did use a solution that you use for dogs to clean out the canal just in case. Maybe that would be a good idea just be sure there isn't any bad bacteria growing in there. Does the ear canal look red like inflammation?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom