experiment with bedding

Hi Vinnie,
I think those are fine if they don't have any molases in them. The only difference would be the dust. The Gold has the dust removed. I just did a bedding change last week. The hay works out very well for my small coop. One bag is enough to fill it. I have been using a long pair of tongs to pick up the poops first before turning over the bedding so it is lasting even longer now. Call me frugal, but I like to get the most I can from one bag since it costs 12.50 a bag. I have not experienced any smell yet. I've been going about 2 months at a time between changes. I hope you can find some to try. It is much more pleasant to work with than shavings and breaks down quickly in the mulch pile.

Your welcome
smile.png

Almost $19 a bail here!
th.gif

I wonder if using a sprayer, lightly coating the (Regular) straw/hay with soybean/veg oil will have the same effect? Maybe even infusing it with lavender twigs?

Since none of the stores around here carry Lucerne products, Lucerne rep put me in contact with a local distributor who could bring some in but I had to order a minimum of five at $19 each. When I went to pick the bags up from the local feed store the were delivered to, I was charge $23 each
ep.gif
. It's still not too bad considering I would of paid alot more if I had paid for shipping myself.

Wow. The shipping is expensive! I sure hope you like using it.
Because the inside of my coop is so small, I have actually been able to make it last longer by just removing the poops with a pair of long tongs before stirring it up. If your coop is small like mine, give it a try. It will stretch the hay for quite a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom