experiment with bedding

Wow. The shipping is expensive! I sure hope you like using it.
Because the inside of my coop is so small, I have actually been able to make it last longer by just removing the poops with a pair of long tongs before stirring it up. If your coop is small like mine, give it a try. It will stretch the hay for quite a bit longer.

Yes my coop is small so with five bags it'll last me a few years. Only thing I need to do is find a way to store these.

Yes my coop is small so with five bags it'll last me a few years. Only thing I need to do is find a way to store these.

Try a plastic/rubber type of large trash can that seals good or a metal one that has a good sealing lid without rust. that would be my first two choices because they would be good to use for feed once their empty and other simmilar uses if not they could be used as replacement trash cans, face it they don't last forever.....

I searched high and low for Fiber Gold ... but nothing between us and the NC mountains carries it.
barnie.gif

I guess I will settle until someone wises up
wink.png

I have talked to my DH more about infusing (maybe with lavender?) some oil and lightly coating the straw we have to cut back on dust... any thoughts?

I searched high and low for Fiber Gold ... but nothing between us and the NC mountains carries it.
barnie.gif

I guess I will settle until someone wises up
wink.png

I have talked to my DH more about infusing (maybe with lavender?) some oil and lightly coating the straw we have to cut back on dust... any thoughts?
That sounds interesting. I'd be curious to see what happens if you try it.

Back
Top Bottom