I have a chicken that had her eye like that when she was really young.
Separated her. Kept warm and gave lots of fluids w/ electrolytes. Used saline to clean the eyeball with a cotton swab. Put ointment on eye.
Eye ended up drying out eventually. She’s almost 3 yrs old now with just one eye.

What I’m saying is, if it turns for the worse, there will be handicap(s), but they learn to thrive.

Thanks so much for the advice and the hope @Roosterinthecity I really appreciate it. We call her Wink, and we would be perfectly fine if she had the outcome yours had. We are providing electrolytes daily as well, and she is gaining weight, but I noticed she does take cover if the other chicks are rambunctious. Thankfully, no one bothers her or pecks at her. Do you remember how long you treated it, and what the process was for it drying up (eventually stopped treating, I’m assuming)? I don’t want to poke or squeeze anything especially if it’s her eyeball (which it looks like).

I didn’t stop the treatment, it’s just what happened. Just because we try doesn’t mean things will work out the way we want. It was 3 weeks to a months times worth.
Ah, got it. I will definitely keep up the treatment and hope she thrives. I believe she’ll do good. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom