EZ Frame Chicken Coop Build

Pics
I'll be curious to hear how the paint holds up on the roof. I have a corrugated metal roof that generated way too much glare into the house. I'd like paint it at some point.
This Krylon got really good reviews for its longevity on any surface…so I guess we shall see! I will try to remember to let you know how it does! I also hate the glare created by metal in sun!

Quick pro tip for spraying paint out of rattle cans; Clean surface and dry, spray your 1st coat as a "fog coat" (very thin and very light coat) and let dry to touch. Then finish with 2 more coats applied normally (50% overlap with each pass). The secret sauce is the fog coat. Always clean and prep well.
Well I should have waited for this very helpful tip before spraying! Next time I’m trying the fog coat, that definitely makes sense. Thanks!

Yes! I’m pretty sure they are those screws. I’ll have to double check, but they were with the metal roofing so hopefully they are the right ones!

Getting the right screws for metal roof is non-negotiable. It's nearly impossible to install metal roof without leaks if you don't have them.

@U_Stormcrow gave me valuable advice on my metal roofing.

Well I should have waited for this very helpful tip before spraying! Next time I’m trying the fog coat, that definitely makes sense. Thanks!
Sorry I was late lol. It greatly increases adhesion. It is easy to fog by spraying from a further distance and slighty increasing the speed of your stroke. You only have to wait till dry to touch for the following coat. Other tricks are, Even passes from edge to edge. Always start or stop your spray while moving. Do not reverse direction while spraying. Shake can, at most, every 2mins during spraying.

Sorry I was late lol. It greatly increases adhesion. It is easy to fog by spraying from a further distance and slighty increasing the speed of your stroke. You only have to wait till dry to touch for the following coat. Other tricks are, Even passes from edge to edge. Always start or stop your spray while moving. Do not reverse direction while spraying. Shake can, at most, every 2mins during spraying.
Great bits of advice. Were you a graffiti artist in a previous life? :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom