Falcon

Thank you everyone for your input and help. He has been next door eating from the jays nests and after the squirrels. So I’m hoping he realizes there is plenty of other easy prey and doesn’t try the chickens again.

I have to say they are very much aware of everything flying above them now. Lol. Could be a good experience and save their lives from a bigger better pred.

It’s wasnt either of those. It was a Peregrine falcon. That’s what it was. And still is! I will try to snap a picture. It was not a medium sized bird. I was very surprised it was even attempting to draw down on a chicken. I mean a chick I could see. But they are 12 weeks old. They’re pretty big.

If these are birds YOU have had problems with in the area, you should really post a thread about them. But that’s NOT the bird(s) with which I’m having trouble.

Last edited:
And that’s where my curiosity starts is why the term “peregrine falcon” sets this as a false identification in your mind.
I ask not to needle along a disagreement but rather to inform myself, and other maybe.
I am certainly no falcon expert but your insistence in this subject suggests that you may at least have some higher knowledge on this subject than most.

950C14F8-5E47-4C33-B320-1F6D7F834063.jpeg
This is what I use to keep the falcons away from my chickens!

Back
Top Bottom