Fall Quilt Block Swap due October 15th

Got my squares together today, thanks to Kassaundra's inspiration and day four of house bound by snow in the Willamette Valley. Sashing is stash reduction. All the sashes were already cut to 2.5 inches wide from previous quilts!

Got my squares together today, thanks to Kassaundra's inspiration and day four of house bound by snow in the Willamette Valley. Sashing is stash reduction. All the sashes were already cut to 2.5 inches wide from previous quilts!

So far yours reminds me most of "Starry Nights" very pretty I guess snow has it's uses. lol

I've decided to make a pinwheel border with the little triangles that were left over from all those flying geese pieces. If anyone would like to share their small leftover triangles with me so the border has the same variety as the top, I'd be happy to send a SASE to collect them. Please PM me. Thanks!

that is really nice, lots of little sewing, and I have to admit I did not save those little stinkers, because then I would have been forced to come up with an idea to use them.

I've laid out my blocks for this one but haven't put them together yet. Some of the block I started years ago for a quilt top but never finished. The colors for this swap were right for me to rework the plan and this is what I came up with.

Why is it whenever you lay fabric or a pattern down the cat MUST immediately lay on it making it impossible to continue working? I had to lock her into the basement just so I could take the picture. I was hoping to let it sit there awhile so that I could continue to ponder the placement. She isn't going to let me. Must cats claim everything? Every cat we've ever owned has done this same thing. Some more greedy than others (one ripped patterns to shreds).

*Edited - I somehow managed to mix up two of the blocks in the bottom row. Can you tell which?

Last edited:
I've laid out my blocks for this one but haven't put them together yet. Some of the block I started years ago for a quilt top but never finished. The colors for this swap were right for me to rework the plan and this is what I came up with.

Why is it whenever you lay fabric or a pattern down the cat MUST immediately lay on it making it impossible to continue working? I had to lock her into the basement just so I could take the picture. I was hoping to let it sit there awhile so that I could continue to ponder the placement. She isn't going to let me. Must cats claim everything? Every cat we've ever owned has done this same thing. Some more greedy than others (one ripped patterns to shreds).

*Edited - I somehow managed to mix up two of the blocks in the bottom row. Can you tell which?
Yes. The second one from the right should change places with the third from the right.

I love this layout coldupnorth, I understand the cat problem, mine is a Chihuahua problem, they dance on what ever is on the floor because my attention is not on them, and they have to see if the whatever is edible. I just put a cheepie design wall up, flannel backed vinyl tablecloth.

yes I have the same problem no matter where I go I am followed and harassed, I had one cat that when she got mad at me she would shred the toilet paper on the roll. I'm close enough to my church that sometimes I go and use their long tables or floors. I forgot to say how pretty you would never know that those blocks were not made at the same time the colors match perfectly. I love seeing our blocks made into quilts. How will you quilt it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom