Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
At least your thread and farm name are spot on.

Seriously though, get those spiked. shoes. Make them out of damn toothpicks if it comes to it
It's why I named the homestead that!

And crampons wouldn't have helped in this case. I fell because I didn't lift my leg high enough going over the fence. I need more dexterity.

Apart from that, I think my OEGB laid an egg! There were two in the nestbox, one being smaller than the regular banty eggs I get. I doubt it's fertile, but I may need to try anyhow since an OEGB/Silkie mix might be very interesting! :lau

I *almost* fell down again, after my foot got caught in baling twine. Thankfully I did not, because I had three eggs in my pocket!

It's supposedly 10c outside, but with the cold wind and cloudy skies I still needed a jacket.

Without a rooster for her though, it's bitter-sweet. Speaking of, I got an email from the hatchery I ordered my chicks from, and their Mille Fleurs OEGB have not been hatching well, so I needed to make another choice. :( Very disappointing. I gave them a list of Porcelain, followed by Silver Fawn, and then Silver Blue. Since Porcelain is the pastel version of Mille Fleurs, I figured that would be the closest.

Without a rooster for her though, it's bitter-sweet. Speaking of, I got an email from the hatchery I ordered my chicks from, and their Mille Fleurs OEGB have not been hatching well, so I needed to make another choice. :( Very disappointing. I gave them a list of Porcelain, followed by Silver Fawn, and then Silver Blue. Since Porcelain is the pastel version of Mille Fleurs, I figured that would be the closest.

Sad to hear. Mille Fleur OEGB are really rare, you would've actually been the first person I know who keeps them. Is there any possibility you'll still get Mille Fleurs?

Sad to hear. Mille Fleur OEGB are really rare, you would've actually been the first person I know who keeps them. Is there any possibility you'll still get Mille Fleurs?
Not this year, unfortunately. I'll put in my order early next year and tell them to hold on to chicks for me.

OEGB, like Serama, are notoriously low hatch rates.

Not this year, unfortunately. I'll put in my order early next year and tell them to hold on to chicks for me.

OEGB, like Serama, are notoriously low hatch rates.

Well, hopefully you'll get them next year

it must be the little legs. I can't think of something else. Although OEGB don't have such short legs, and serama *shouldn't* have teeny legs either. Japanese bantams on the other hand have teeny tiny legs, but you don't hear about them much

Back
Top Bottom