Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
Got back from the auction about an hour ago, and came home with more money than I had when I went, lol! And I *did* buy stuff.

Some crazy person bought my Gray Call for $85!!! I got him for $20 originally, lol!

Chicks sold for about what I was asking for them online, so that's good. It's so quiet in here now!!! Comparatively...

And sold two dwarf rabbits, also. Surprisingly, the year old buck sold for more than the 3 month old doe.

What I bought:

- a large wooden rabbit nesting box for $12
- a large wire bird cage for $15
- a super-duper large wooden bird cage (which will make a perfect coop for my OEGB) for $60

- and a dozen White Chantecler hatching eggs for $25. I have no room in my incubators! Next ones due to hath aren't until the 29th... Guess Ill just have to make room for them...
Sounds like you had a great day!
Oh, and one of the Power Outage duck eggs pipped! :wee
Oh how egg-citing!!! :woot

WE HAVE A BABY!!!

Didn't take this little one long after deciding to start zipping. Meet the first survivor of the Power Outage:

20240421_011732.jpg

I went to bed right after posting that the egg was zipping, couldn't sleep (no, not because of the hatching), got up and checked the incubator to see this precious little one!

WE HAVE A BABY!!!

Didn't take this little one long after deciding to start zipping. Meet the first survivor of the Power Outage:

View attachment 3807307

I went to bed right after posting that the egg was zipping, couldn't sleep (no, not because of the hatching), got up and checked the incubator to see this precious little one!

A TRUE fighter! Welcome little one!

WE HAVE A BABY!!!

View attachment 3807307

Awww....what cutie pie, and survivor! ❤ Congrats Wind!

I'm hoping that he and his sibling (still active in egg) make it. I do worry about long-term problems due to the delayed development. This little guy is *very* quiet, barely makes any sound (no chirping unless I pick him up) and sleeps a lot. Going to let him recoup after his ordeal.

I'm hoping that he and his sibling (still active in egg) make it. I do worry about long-term problems due to the delayed development. This little guy is *very* quiet, barely makes any sound (no chirping unless I pick him up) and sleeps a lot. Going to let him recoup after his ordeal.
Hopefully he's just tired. :hugs

Hopefully he's just tired. :hugs
Yeah, he perked up a bit when I went to turn the eggs. I moved him into the duck-egg incubator because I worries about the turner in the Maticoopx and him getting stuck.

Since I sold the chicks yesterday, I need to do some cleanup in the bathtub brooder before I can move him over there. Wanting to wait for his sibling to hatch though.

Back
Top Bottom