Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
FOUR little Silkie mix peepers out! Had to help out the fourth one, it has started to shrink wrap and the egg was turned around. This is the first of the non-OEGB mixes.

There is internal pipping in most of the other banty eggs, if not an external pip. I imagine I'm going to have an incubator full of fluffs by morning!

ALL the duck eggs have either internal or external pips too! Can't wait to see them!!!
I'm so excited to see the ducklings!!🥳

12 more chicken eggs left to hatch (out of 20). And day 21 isn't officially until later tonight!

Two ducklings hatched! With another on the way!

I think one of the duck eggs quit. :( Also, one of the chicks seems to have problems with a stiff leg. I hope it corrects itself, I hate culling chicks.

There were less than I anticipated overnight. Two chicks just before I went to bed (okay, I stayed up to watch them hatch! A black one popped out right at midnight!), and only one more was out when I got up. Plus the ducklings. Another chick hatched just now.

All the floofed up ones are under the plate, and haven't come out yet. I sprinkled food for them, and gave them a shallow dish of water.

Yesterday, I had windows open and the fans going. Today, I have the heaters going and its rainy.

20240429_111335.jpg

20240429_111414.jpg

Back
Top Bottom