Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Figured out why they're so loud: they're human imprinted and don't like me out of their sight. This will make sleeping difficult...

20240512_224820.jpg

I'm thinking of naming them Colt and Filly. The little female makes a sound almost like a foal when she's happy!

Figured out why they're so loud: they're human imprinted and don't like me out of their sight. This will make sleeping difficult...

View attachment 3830090

I'm thinking of naming them Colt and Filly. The little female makes a sound almost like a foal when she's happy!
Absolutely adorable!!😍 Love the names!

View attachment 3830090

OMG...this is just too darn adorable! ❤️

View attachment 3830090

They're adorable. This is not helping my goose obsession :love

And in other news, I have three pipped Muscovy eggs! Two in the wrong end!!! When I was checking them last night and Colt was being extra loud, one of the eggs was answering back. Found one wrong ender that had pipped on top but that wasn't the peeping one, so turned to the third egg and sure enough big pip in the bottom!

What is with these wrong enders lately??

A fairly good day so far as hatching goes. Both Muscovy eggs that had pipped on the wrong end hatched on their own, as well as the Chanteler wrong-ended. So, three scovie babies and two Chanties, with one more having some action. I think the fourth scovie egg is a quitter.

Finally got a chance to look over the new chicks I'd picked up on Saturday, too. Had a few pasty butts, one of them quite bad. Got them all cleaned up. Will check tomorrow to make sure they're doing okay. They're all active and eating, which is good.

Next to hatch are what I'm hoping are Aylesbury. They are due on the 22nd. Plus, I took some eggs from the communal nest and tossed those in the incubator and need to keep an eye on them as they appear to be at various stages.

Back
Top Bottom