Fantastic Frizzles! Frizzle owners/lovers unite!

Head count on frizzle lovers:

• I love Frizzles!

Votes: 78 96.3%
  • I don't like frizzles :(

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Are frizzles fragile?
I haven't heard that frizzles are fragile. But I'm totally new to the frizzle world but finally hatched one 2 weeks ago!
20221106_153148.jpg

Now frazzled are definitely fragile and NOT recommended on any terms from what I understand! So best to not let 2 frizzles breed together.

My avatar is a NN/frizzle she is getting her feathers back after a molt. I was afraid she'd be naked during the winter. She lays a green egg. (fancy Nancy)
frizma.PNG

My other Frizzle below is BCM/frizzle she lays a dark gray egg. (Nell) I would like to breed these two hens.
po26.PNG

I used to have this pretty gray frizzle, she was the mother to Nell...(Also a gray egg layer)
gadeo.PNG

I also bought a couple of EE frizzle eggs from Meyer's to hatch this Jan.

My avatar is a NN/frizzle she is getting her feathers back after a molt. I was afraid she'd be naked during the winter. She lays a green egg. (fancy Nancy)
View attachment 3316113
My other Frizzle below is BCM/frizzle she lays a dark gray egg. (Nell) I would like to breed these two hens.
View attachment 3316119
I used to have this pretty gray frizzle, she was the mother to Nell...(Also a gray egg layer)
View attachment 3316124

I also bought a couple of EE frizzle eggs from Meyer's to hatch this Jan.
Very pretty girls!

I'm getting a frizzled polish this wednesday!
Polish in general are much more fragile birds, but I don't think frizzles really are. I originally purchased 7 frizzle chicks, and lost 3 as chicks, but I am personally chalking that up to their health and how they were bred(Two are frizzled, one of which is frazzled and runty in comparison to the others I purchased). They've been hardy birds past chickhood for me though, even the frazzle.

Polish in general are much more fragile birds, but I don't think frizzles really are. I originally purchased 7 frizzle chicks, and lost 3 as chicks, but I am personally chalking that up to their health and how they were bred(Two are frizzled, one of which is frazzled and runty in comparison to the others I purchased). They've been hardy birds past chickhood for me though, even the frazzle.
This is my experience as well—Polish are a fairly fragile breed but frizzles in general seem equally as healthy as non-frizzles! I have a frizzle BCM and a frizzle Polish and both are gorgeous birds, but the frizzle Polish has taken forever to grow and seems too small. Super sweet bird though. I will say the feathers on frizzled break much easier and take longer to replace in my experience.

My frizzled BCM molted realllly hard, but is so soft and pretty now! 😍

Attachments

• 2A6EB35E-C78B-4841-BC0B-E2ACDBC8C101.jpeg
    2A6EB35E-C78B-4841-BC0B-E2ACDBC8C101.jpeg
    658.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 50A7F456-510F-4A6F-AE16-FFDC1FB75B65.jpeg
    50A7F456-510F-4A6F-AE16-FFDC1FB75B65.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 3
This is my experience as well—Polish are a fairly fragile breed but frizzles in general seem equally as healthy as non-frizzles! I have a frizzle BCM and a frizzle Polish and both are gorgeous birds, but the frizzle Polish has taken forever to grow and seems too small. Super sweet bird though. I will say the feathers on frizzled break much easier and take longer to replace in my experience.

My frizzled BCM molted realllly hard, but is so soft and pretty now! 😍
Oh yeah this is the one you had separated and extra TLC for a while it molted so badly right?

Back
Top Bottom