Farm innovations 4250 incubator

The final report is that I got 16 babies and 13 that didn't hatch. There is something I'm missing here. I candled at 10 days and at lockdown. Perhaps I didn't cull good enough at lockdown. Those skills certainly need improvement. The eggs that didn't hatch had babies that died at different stages of development. The one that was alive yesterday pipped internally (I candled) but not externally. That is a lot of chicks to lose. Thank you for your support and help. I believe I will investigate SallySunshine. I really appreciate all of the help I can get!!
jumpy.gif

thumbsup.gif
I think SallySunshine is one of the incubation experts that you can question about techniques. There's s thread she started "Incubating w/ Friends!"

Ive used my FI 4250 for 3 hatches so far. It has worked great with just a little adjustment and adding the sponge at lockdown. My last hatch was bad but that was due to shipping and bad/clear eggs. Only had 2 of 14 hatch lol. My next hatch will be set on june10th of 54+ eggs. I will ise both yhis and the incaview. Hopong for great success

Great! I'm glad you're having success. I have been pleased with the way the incubator has performed and I do not believe that it has in anyway contributed to my failures. Keep up the good work and keep us informed on your hatches.

hello new at this started using a f I 4250 I'm on count down 12 used candler last nite can make out eyes lol . How ever my digital temp showed 102 and the manual showed 96 this morning the readings have allways been off but only by 1.5 deg and the humidity has been good 55% to 65% the normal reading is 101 and 99.5 at egg level it back to normal now any 1 else had a spike like this ?? am I on the right track with incubator ?

Last edited:
hello new at this started using a f I 4250 I'm on count down 12 used candler last nite  can make out eyes lol .  How ever my digital temp showed 102  and the manual showed 96 this morning    the readings have allways been off but only by 1.5 deg  and the humidity has been good 55% to 65%   the normal reading is 101 and 99.5 at egg level it back to normal now any 1 else had a spike like this ??  am I on the right track with incubator ?

I wouldn't worry about the temporary spike in temp but I think your humidity level is a little high for chicken eggs until day 18.

Today I set another bunch of eggs. This is my third hatch. I purchased a thermometer from Amazon that has been scientifically calibrated. I am pretty sure that the thermometer on the FI is accurate. I'm so glad my neighbor wants more chickens, that gives me more opportunities to hatch them. I don't know what went wrong with the last hatch so I'm open to help and opinions.

Today I set another bunch of eggs. This is my third hatch. I purchased a thermometer from Amazon that has been scientifically calibrated. I am pretty sure that the thermometer on the FI is accurate. I'm so glad my neighbor wants more chickens, that gives me more opportunities to hatch them. I don't know what went wrong with the last hatch so I'm open to help and opinions.

Hey grandma! I'm setting a bunch either tonight or tomorrow, too. We can have our own hatch-a-long!

Hey grandma! I'm setting a bunch either tonight or tomorrow, too. We can have our own hatch-a-long!
Sounds like fun to me. How many hatches have you done so far? Are you still using the Farm Innovators?:yesss:

Back
Top Bottom