Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Along with the photos I feel like mentioning that I just got accepted to South Dakota State University!
Congratulations!

It's cold here and snowing. I'm not sure why they do the whole all registered horses turn a year older January 1st. Australorps are amazing layers.
I think the aging on 1st of the year is a universal thing for all horses. Of course many people like to celebrate birthdays for their horses on the actual birth date. But generally speaking, when you're asked how old your horse is, you age by the 1st of the year.

Just some pics.

Those are great!

What's everyone up to? Awfully quiet here.
big_smile.png

My little kitty seems to be a bit tired after the holidays.
lau.gif

We rescued this kitty over the holidays! My son & his wife had eaten at a local bar two weekends in a row & both times this lovely kitty was desperately trying to get in the bar to stay warm. The bar owner would have to put him out. According to my son he would roll over on his back & start purring when people came to the bar. The bar owner said he wished someone would take him home before a car hit him! A customer who didn't like cats said he would shoot him.
My son decided to take him home to mom as he knows I have a soft spot for Siamese! We took him to the vet for a check up & shots.The vet says he is in great shape. The leukemia test was negative. He gave him shots & told him he is a very lucky cat! The vet says he is older than one but less than two years.
He is adjusting well to our other two cats & two dogs. Our 14 year old Golden ignores him. Our 3 &1/2 # Yorkie has been barking at him & chasing him until this morning when Lance had enough of it & slapped him across the face with his paws which have been trimmed! The Yorkie backed up in a hurry so I guess Lance finally called his bluff! Our 12 year old tuxedo cat ignores him & our 4 year old siamese is delighted to have a playmate!! We named him Sir Lancelot (Lance) & he will have a forever home with us if he chooses to stay. We are also watching the local adds in case he has a family even tho the bar owner was pretty certain he doesn't. He is already sleeping on a down comforter at the foot of our bed! I guess he has settled in!

Like the cat. Having a cat nap.
Thanks. She takes a lot of cat naps. I have an endless amount of pictures of her sleeping in odd places...and positions. LOL

We rescued this kitty over the holidays! My son & his wife had eaten at a local bar two weekends in a row & both times this lovely kitty was desperately trying to get in the bar to stay warm. The bar owner would have to put him out. According to my son he would roll over on his back & start purring when people came to the bar. The bar owner said he wished someone would take him home before a car hit him! A customer who didn't like cats said he would shoot him.
My son decided to take him home to mom as he knows I have a soft spot for Siamese! We took him to the vet for a check up & shots.The vet says he is in great shape. The leukemia test was negative. He gave him shots & told him he is a very lucky cat! The vet says he is older than one but less than two years.
He is adjusting well to our other two cats & two dogs. Our 14 year old Golden ignores him. Our 3 &1/2 # Yorkie has been barking at him & chasing him until this morning when Lance had enough of it & slapped him across the face with his paws which have been trimmed! The Yorkie backed up in a hurry so I guess Lance finally called his bluff! Our 12 year old tuxedo cat ignores him & our 4 year old siamese is delighted to have a playmate!! We named him Sir Lancelot (Lance) & he will have a forever home with us if he chooses to stay. We are also watching the local adds in case he has a family even tho the bar owner was pretty certain he doesn't. He is already sleeping on a down comforter at the foot of our bed! I guess he has settled in!

What a lucky kitty! I hope Lance gets to stay with you.
smile.png

Animals know when they have it good, after having it bad. My oldest kitty, I've had her for over 10 years now..she showed up on my doorstep the night before Halloween. And she's a black cat. Go figure. I brought her in, she slept and ate for the first three days, then began walking through the house as if she had lived there her entire life. It was sort of strange, but I knew she was staying. lol I tried looking for her owners, she must have belonged to someone because she had a collar on, but I had no luck. Actually, I shouldn't say that, because she's been the best cat I've ever had! Therefore, I had lots of luck that night! lol

Thank you
smile.png

Thanks everyone for your comments on Lance our rescued cat. We hope to keep him for the rest of his life. Our tuxedo is a rescue also & has been a really fun cat as well! They seem to know they are rescued. Sanna it sounds like you got a nice one also! Blessings to all of you!

Back
Top Bottom