Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

Hey ponies are worse than a small horse! Thy are mean and dangerous most times. You are better off with a horse any day, get a plody calm quarter horse around the age of 8-12. No paints, no appaloosa's, no thoroughbreds. Plain old quarter horse. I am and Arabian fan, they are smaller, but they are hot, and you need to speak horse to understand them, so avoid that too as a starter. But I'd stay away form most ponies. Research the breed. I know that there breed of pony that are considered 'calmer'.

Fainting goat videos are the most hilarious thing I've ever seen! My mom had a Chihuahua that did that.. I'd say "look its a fainting goat!"
lau.gif
lol
gig.gif

Hey ponies are worse than a small horse! Thy are mean and dangerous most times. You are better off with a horse any day, get a plody calm quarter horse around the age of 8-12. No paints, no appaloosa's, no thoroughbreds. Plain old quarter horse. I am and Arabian fan, they are smaller, but they are hot, and you need to speak horse to understand them, so avoid that too as a starter. But I'd stay away form most ponies. Research the breed. I know that there breed of pony that are considered 'calmer'.
how long do horses live? if its that old i wouldnt want to ride her too much, i would be afraid of wearing her out!!

They can live up to 30 years, Arabians 40. 8 is their prime and they are usually settles down enough to listen and not give you trouble. I ride my 18 year old no problem, in fact he out rides me!

I like just about any horse... but I am in love with the little wild children of the bunch. Full of spirit and punch. Eats less lunch ha ha. The Arabian Bunch... that was so lame, but its true.

Back
Top Bottom