Faverolles Thread

So she is saying that she's doing paperwork now?  Last I read anything about it, she was smuggling them illegally.  Maybe she blocked those of us that called her on it, because I haven't seen anything from her since then.

And the fact that the importer does not bring them over personally. They can only go through a handful of import points. And the chicks would need a quarantine period and the eggs have restrictions as well.

If it were me I would bring over started trios. Of course that will happen when I win the lottery.

Last edited:
Hi, new to this thread. Saw the Favorelles featured this week and am really interested in adding some to my flock now.

Does anyone have Marans in the same flock as Favorelles, and if so, how do they get along? It seems like they might have somewhat opposite personalities?

Hi, new to this thread.  Saw the Favorelles featured this week and am really interested in adding some to my flock now.

Does anyone have Marans in the same flock as Favorelles, and if so, how do they get along?  It seems like they might have somewhat opposite personalities?  

I have a GCM hen with a SF hen and a SF rooster. They all get along well. I've heard stories of Marans being more aggressive, but I have not found that to be the case, albeit I only have 1 and not much to compare to. My GCM is pretty mellow. She's towards the bottom of the pecking order, below my lavender Ameraucana and above the SF hen.

Hi, new to this thread.  Saw the Favorelles featured this week and am really interested in adding some to my flock now.

Does anyone have Marans in the same flock as Favorelles, and if so, how do they get along?  It seems like they might have somewhat opposite personalities?  

I have blk cp marans and cuckoo marans with my Faverolles, all seem to get along very well.

I have been interested in Favorelles since I have wanted to have and keep chickens. The one thing that keeps being said is that thay are in general a less hardy breed. I live in Central NY where the winters can be brutal -10 to -30 degrees for weeks on end in January/February. Last year it was the worst. and summers that can have high 80's and 90's in August as the norm.
I truly love the Favorelle descriptions of temperament and I adore their little faces.

Does anyone know where I can get Fav's from a strong, prolific, hearty line? I really want these little ones.

Thank you for any help and infor you can give me.

Back
Top Bottom