Faverolles Thread

I have the same thing for sale!  We hatched way too many this year. I would rather have them all go to someone who loves the breed and wants to continue improving it rather than someone who just wants a pretty chicken.

Where are you located please? Have a friend looking for some quality birds.

I've been hovering around this thread for a while now. Decided to share some pics, I'll get some images of the Cuckoo, blue and black hens later.

Blue Cuckoo Cockerel (Single Factor):

This is his brother, though this rooster has a solid chest:

Some blue and black chicks:

I'm seeing some good quality salmons here too
droolin.gif

I've been hovering around this thread for a while now. Decided to share some pics, I'll get some images of the Cuckoo, blue and black hens later.

Blue Cuckoo Cockerel (Single Factor):

This is his brother, though this rooster has a solid chest:

Some blue and black chicks:

I'm seeing some good quality salmons here too
droolin.gif
Hi, are these yours? LF or bantam????

Hello everyone! I'd like to join this thread, please :) I recently acquired a SF chick (sexed pullet) from Cackle hatchery and at only 6 days old, it's a jerk!

All pale cream with very pale tan/gray wing feathers and supremely fluffy cheeks, it's been nicknamed The Jerk, Nevin, Dudley Dursley, etc....

With my other chicks, the jerk chicks ended up being boys. I thought Faverolles were the meek ones! :)

Is that just a myth? Can Faverolles be across the personality spectrum? Or should I make an immediate exchange at the feed store?

Fingers crossed their sexing is accurate...

Thanks!

Quote:
The feather description sound female. If you could post a pic we could tell better. Generally they are a more doclie bird, and often the ones on the bottom of the pecking order. However, I think there are always exceptions. My girls now (4 years old) are bossy to the new young ones, but submissive if there is a roo in the mix. Post a pic and give her some time. Hopefully she will settle in. Welcome to the thread.

Back
Top Bottom