Faverolles Thread

Hi all, hoping you can help me out. I've looked everywhere and gotten a ton of different answers to a very simple question: What color eggs do the hatchery Fav's lay? Are we talking light brown or creamy pinkish? How close to white? I'm having a hard time finding a cold hardy white egg layer and love the look of (heck, everything about) the Fav's, but don't know what to expect egg-wise. I've heard everything from cream to brown. So, closer to brown or definately creamy?

Quote:
Each hen lays diffrently colored eggs mine are a mix of light brown creamy and white. They are defined as "tinted" layers. I don't have any hens that lay white eggs. Hope this answers your question.

"Henry's Faves" in a handwritten style font or "Bantam Salmon Faverolles" in an elegant font or "Henry's Salmon Faverolles" in a simple font.

Are you taking thes guys to school with you? maybe you want to put your # on there so someone could call you in case of emergency or if they had questions? We could have "Salmon Faverolles" on top and your name and # in much smaller font on the bottom.

Quote:
I haven't hatched enough favs yet to have been able to process any, but I understand their meat is to die for!!

I really want to raise some standards so that I can eat a few roosters and see how they are.

Henry

We processed 30 extra cockerels last year... yummy! The Marans are faster growers but the Favs are super flavorfull and my favorite for baking/roasting.

Quote:
I really want to raise some standards so that I can eat a few roosters and see how they are.

Henry

We processed 30 extra cockerels last year... yummy! The Marans are faster growers but the Favs are super flavorfull and my favorite for baking/roasting.

Melissa, at what age do you process your cockerels? I am definitely planning to use my extras for meat. I culled one of the SF cockerels I got from Meyers because he had a crossed beak (besides the fact that I just didn't need another roo) at about 16 weeks but I think I could have waited a bit longer. He made excellent fried chicken though!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I may be taking them to school not sure yet. I think I like Henry's faverolles I in simple font. I would like my number in smaller font.

Henry

Quote:
I only have one hatchery Fav in with my layer flock, and her eggs are what I would call a really light tan, still not as light as my d'uccle eggs. My breeder stock however, lay almost a medium brown eggs, they are very close to being as dark as my Wyandotte eggs.

Quote:
I only have one hatchery Fav in with my layer flock, and her eggs are what I would call a really light tan, still not as light as my d'uccle eggs. My breeder stock however, lay almost a medium brown eggs, they are very close to being as dark as my Wyandotte eggs.

Both of the pullets that I have right now are hatchery stock. One lays a very lightly tinted egg and the other lays a kind of toasty tan color similar to my Cochins' eggs. I noticed that all of the Faverolles eggs that I got from pasofinofarm are a little darker than my girls (also bigger but my girls are only eight months old too).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom