Faverolles Thread

They are from the same two birds. Their is quite a size difference as well as the feathering is very different from the two of them. I have seen some hatchery "salmon favs" that are quite dark but are pullets still. What would give the two birds such a size and feather difference?

some times there is quite a bit of difference in heritage birds... it seems that for the most part hatchery birds are all made from the same cookie cutter and are nearly always the same size... but in the older breeds there is allot more genetic diversity and that can effect many things including size... i have 13 3 month old B/B/S Orps the biggest one is over double the size of the smallest one... but as they grow you never know the little guy might just catch up...

where did your eggs come from not many have Blue salmons???
They are from the same two birds. Their is quite a size difference as well as the feathering is very different from the two of them. I have seen some hatchery "salmon favs" that are quite dark but are pullets still. What would give the two birds such a size and feather difference?

Thats very interesting. I am planning on keeping the blue but finding a new home for the salmon cockerel. I found hatching eggs from a private breeder in upstate new york. I can find her email if anyone is interested.

Thats very interesting. I am planning on keeping the blue but finding a new home for the salmon cockerel. I found hatching eggs from a private breeder in upstate new york. I can find her email if anyone is interested.
I wonder who that is? Are your birds bantams or LF?

Hadn't ever seen this before. Looks like most of the males don't have much in the way of beards and the hens are dark. But at least they posted a video to show their breeder flocks!

Hadn't ever seen this before. Looks like most of the males don't have much in the way of beards and the hens are dark. But at least they posted a video to show their breeder flocks!

I was surprised at how crowded and dirty their coop was, there was even some broken stuff in the background... but at least they looked like Favs and color aside, did not have any screaming issues I could spot... I think the beards were just plucked by the girls

...it really does show how random the hatchery chicks were bred though

Last edited:
This is a little off topic. Are there any avid birdwatchers here? There's a rare bird in the conservation land behind us. It was categorized as a "code 4". Anyone know what that means? They make it sound like a criminal! It is just a tad off course though. From what I've read Greenland is the nearest place they are usually seen.

Apparently it's rare enough that even people from out of state are coming to see it - VT, CT, NY, PA, NJ, OH and even MI.

Back
Top Bottom