Faverolles Thread

No, just regular salmon faverolles.. the color threw me off as well. Thanks guys for the input. My other little girl was a lot lighter at that age.
smile.png

I've never seen a pullet with such a mottled pattern before. And are those blue or grey patches coming through on the wings and back?

Hi everyone -

I have two females and four male Faverolles available in Michigan. Most were hatched this summer; the only exception is one of the females which was hatched last November. These were hatched from females from the Gerow line in Canada, which last year won Reserve Continental at The Royal in Toronto; I think this may be the biggest show in Canada? In any case, these are very nice birds. And the father was a roo from the Patterson line in Indy. Below is a picture of the two oldest males and the youngest female. Let me know if you're interested.

I'll be processing any roos that are left over. Can anyone advise on the best age to do that? Thanks!

Hi, can anyone please share if our 4 week old Salmon Favorelles are pullets or roos? I know the tan/lighter colored are pullets, but not sure about the darker chests, necks, feet, and would like some experienced feedback before we make decisions. Your feedback is very welcomed and appreciated! I can send better/closer pics if necessary as these chicks are fast becoming our "pets." Julie K

Thank you very much! Ugh. any advise about selecting which roo to keep for 4H show - APA rules?

Will all future chick hatches for Salmon have the same criteria - dark feathers are males and tan/light feathers are females? Julie K

It would be pretty hard to select when they are this young. Keep them as long as you can to select your rooster. They usually get along together just fine sweet docile boys.
smile.png
I have boys that are six to seven months old and I still keep changing my mind. You could only judge on toes and combs I would guess right now. Color and type you have quite a while to judge yet.

The chicks should be sex-able by their color. Once in a while you may have an extra dark female that may surprise you.

The chicks should be sex-able by their color. Once in a while you may have an extra dark female that may surprise you.
Or a light cockerel.

Keep at least one backup male if you can manage it. As poularde has already said selecting a male at this age would be difficult. You can weed out any with side sprigs, extra toes/nails, slipped wing, but that's about it.

Yesterday's CMBF show had LF Favs!!! for sale and in the show! It was great to see them and I talked to the folks with them. They were from NH and I thought the birds in the show looked pretty darn good. My camera wasn't working at all so I didn't get a single pic. I should have liked to since my son won a bunch of things the little squeaker.

Back
Top Bottom