Faverolles Thread

Fluffy enjoying the snow. 7 1/2 month old pullet.

My son's 3 month old exhibition Salmons are really starting to fill out and look good. A little concerned about some of the blue undertones and the rooster is missing a claw on the 4th toe of one foot. The hen pictured is the best in my opinion. The two others have their beard looking pretty skimpy. I think there may be a little feather plucking going on, but cannot confirm.

We are thinking about switching them from a well balanced flock feed to a show bird feed. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
My son's 3 month old exhibition Salmons are really starting to fill out and look good. A little concerned about some of the blue undertones
What do you mean by blue undertones?

As for feed, I use gamebird crumbles or flock raiser. Gamebird is 22% protein, flock raiser 20%.

My son's 3 month old exhibition Salmons are really starting to fill out and look good. A little concerned about some of the blue undertones 

What do you mean by blue undertones? 

As for feed, I use gamebird crumbles or flock raiser. Gamebird is 22% protein, flock raiser 20%.

Some of the pullets' under fluff has a slight blueish hue. It fades more and more as they mature. It has just been masking some of the salmon coloration as chicks. We had a chick with perfect salmon coloration from the very start. But, she fell out of the brooder and hit her head. She wasn't the same mentally afterward.

Last edited:
I've been looking to purchase some Faverolles for a couple years. I was going to attempt to hatch out some eggs but am having a rough time finding a breeder. I know hatchery quality is not going to be anywhere near what a small breeders would be but which hatchery would y'all suggest to purchase from.

@sparklecoon...Doublecreek Favorelles out of Texas. She's on Facebook. I can give you her contact if you can't get on Facebook.
I bought two gorgeous breeder quality pullets from her.
Piper Omar. ..she sells eggs on ebay starting in late February. Her babies are cute...breeder quality shows!
Here's pictures of them I previously posted.

I've been looking to purchase some Faverolles for a couple years. I was going to attempt to hatch out some eggs but am having a rough time finding a breeder. I know hatchery quality is not going to be anywhere near what a small breeders would be but which hatchery would y'all suggest to purchase from.

Do NOT get one from Ideal. Mine looks terrible. This pic is from November @8 weeks old but she looks about the same still. She was hatched late September.

Back
Top Bottom