Faverolles Thread

20170909_105056.jpg

Someone wanna show me a Fav egg? My Rosie girl is getting ready to lay and I wanna know what I'm gonna find!
Hopefully yours is bigger. :)

Two questions:
I have a Salmon Faverolle pair-nine months, hen has not started laying yet? How long do I wait before I know something is wrong with her?

Next is mixing Faverolle Roo over Wheatens Marans? I don't sell chicks, just raise meat birds and sell eggs. I'm wondering if they would be as easy to sex as a Salmon Faverolle hen? any ideas?

One of mine is going on 7 months and no egg,the other started laying at 6 months went broody for 2 days that was 3or4 days ago and no egg since.So i wouldn't worry about your girl's heath,they're just really odd layers. The breeding thing,im not familiar with marans,but i did ask the same question reguarding dominiques and was told they would be sex linked at least for one generation.:)
Two questions:
I have a Salmon Faverolle pair-nine months, hen has not started laying yet? How long do I wait before I know something is wrong with her?

Next is mixing Faverolle Roo over Wheatens Marans? I don't sell chicks, just raise meat birds and sell eggs. I'm wondering if they would be as easy to sex as a Salmon Faverolle hen? any ideas?

Hi Guys! Does anyone have experience with white faverolles? In August I picked up 3 faverolles. They were straight run, so I googled really quick and read that pullets are mostly white. I grabbed 3 of the whitest ones, there were only 6 total. Well I ended up with 1 salmon and 2 whites. The white ones are punks and pick on my salmon and my 3 polish. They definitely aren't fitting the breed standard in personality.

Iv'e never personally seen a white one,i know they exist though. The pictures iv'e seen are loveley,but i really hate to hear they're jerks. My salmons wouldn't hurt a fly....nearly literally.:)
Hi Guys! Does anyone have experience with white faverolles? In August I picked up 3 faverolles. They were straight run, so I googled really quick and read that pullets are mostly white. I grabbed 3 of the whitest ones, there were only 6 total. Well I ended up with 1 salmon and 2 whites. The white ones are punks and pick on my salmon and my 3 polish. They definitely aren't fitting the breed standard in personality.

Haha, inadvertantly. I ordered three SF show quality hatching eggs from mypetchicken.com. One is white from that hatch, now 11 weeks old and pretty sure it's a he. Yes, much stronger personality than my salmon and mahogany pullets....but not sure if due to color or being a rooster. I love the little salmon and mahogany, but they are shy/skittish (despite mealworms, etc). I hatched the mahogany bird from eggs I bought on ebay, she's just 7 weeks. I switched to this breed because they're cool looking, I read that they were earlier layers and very reliable layers, and for my boys to have the birds to show. The colors have proven a real challenge in meeting the SOP. I may have to just breakdown and drop the cash to buy some birds from a show breeder. I do like the breed but the shyness is odd to me. I've only had a welsummer and a buff orpington previously, both were really nosy and followed me everywhere.
IMG_1010 (1).JPG

Back
Top Bottom