Faverolles Thread

I'm heading to the PPBA Show in Stockton, CA this January. Is anyone else going to be there? Last year there was quite a bit of competition, especially in the LFs. :) I'm excited to show my boys this year that I raised, and some of my new pullets.

Quote:
I too am a novice regarding development....but another good place to begin is to learn everything about the Favarolle to know what else needs to be maintained to be a Fav. skin color, toes, body type, dual quality meat,comb, beak color, egg color & laying ability, sweetness of temperament, feather type....Black seems to be the universal color variant. Orpingtons seem a good choice.

Janine, why not say black orp to a black bantam fav???? or Black bantam to LF Salmon and keep the Largest???? Also do i remember someone at one time bred LF BBS???????

eliz

The reason I didn't go Orp to bantam Fav right off was because you still have to continue breeding back to pure solid Fav, and then you'd be fighting size a lot longer than if you started with LF Favs to Orps...

But yes, you certainly could just go with a black bantam Fav to a salmon LF and then breed the blue in by going back to the bantams. I really do not know if you could just take a solid blue bantam cock over LF salmon hens and end up with the same results...that sure would be a heck of a lot more direct....Cindy???

Jeanine- sounds much more direct! I imagine this would have to be AI'd???? I guess one could use a unusually large Blue Bantam.

Actually, it would be funny to see a small bantam roo getting free rides on the back of the LF hens.
lau.gif
gig.gif
:lau:gig

Quote:
I know I can't make it. We're always in Maine that weekend.

One of these years I'll get there if just for one day.

Back
Top Bottom