Favorite Christmas Movie??

Quote:
I just bought this one to watch today when DH goes to work.

Prancer is one of my favorites, too! (Love Sam Elliott
tongue.png
)

A Christmas Story is a fav, It's a Wonderful Life, but I also love Scrooge from 1970 with Albert Finney.

Hotwings - could that be A Calico Christmas? That rang a bell with me, but I might be wrong with the title.
hmm.png

Terrie - Sam Elliott!!!! I'll have to check that one out!

We watched National Lampoon Christmas on Thanksgiving. That's the one with Chevy Chase, right?

Clark's job is the chief artificial-ingredient-food-additive guy.

I love it when Eddie, the brother-in-law, wears that white sweater with the black dicky - and you can see through the sweater the outline of the dicky! And then when he dumps his sewage from the RV into the street sewer.

And at the dinner table the dog is throwing up under the table.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Took the words right out my mouth (or right off my fingers.....) I love the scene where Bill Murray gets the he*# beat out of him by little ole Carol Kane. Always preferred him to Chevy.

Guess I need to check out Christmas Story & Prancer (nother Sam Elliot fan here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this isn't a Christmas movie but has the best Christmas scene in it ever! I love "Meet Me in St. Louis" and Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". I love her in that movie, I love the gown she wears (I would love to have one!) It's just such an awe inspiring story of simplicity in the early 1900's in America. I watch it every year at Christmas time!

I am SO WITH YOU on this one twincreekfarm!!!

I even bought the song on Itunes for my Ipod! I just found the moive in the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart so I picked it up.

The Christmas Story is the other one we watch along with Lampoons. Both are fun to watch!​

Scrooge - the really old one with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. My DH loves that so much that we bought the DVD last year. And we watch it every time we see in on TV.

I almost forgot "The Year Without a Santa Claus" with Heat Miser and Mother Nature. I think it's from the 70s. I finally found it on DVD after years of trying to describe to DH who didn't remember watching it then. He's almost 5 years older than me and apparently that made a difference.

I agree with buff hooligans-Scrooge with Alastair Simms. I used to love it when I was a kid and they would start it so that when the first ghost came it was midnight.

Next is White Christmas, I just watched that last week, couldn't wait.

DGD's is Nat'l Lampoon.

DH's is of course The Christmas Story. Four years ago we bought the dvd around Thanksgiving. On Christmas after all the presents were opened, I said what's that in the corner(we didn't have a desk in the room). DH was sooo surprised to find a daisy red rider and I was able to find one in the same style of box.
Last year he bought one for our DGD who was 8, once again no desk, but she loved it just the same.
I'm still waiting for mine, maybe this year.

Cartoons are The Little Drummer Boy and Rudolph, we have a bumble that we put out every Christmas. I can't forget The Life of Santa Clause.

Monica

1. A Charlie Brown Christmas~~can't go without seeing it at least once a season! My favorite part is when Linus reads from the Bible~thats what the season is about~JESUS
2. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
3. Frosty the Snowman
4. Santa Clause the movie w/Tim Allen

Just wanted to add my favorite animated Chirstmas show, but I can never remember the name (age is getting to me you see).....maybe it's the Life of Santa, not sure. Anyway....Burgermeister Meisterburger. I love that one!

Back
Top Bottom