February 2017 Hatch-a-long

Make that 4!

1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
Rock and Roll! (Or, rather, pip and zip!

That is a beautiful story!   Lovingkindness helps life to carry on. :love

Thank you! I'm passionate about my babies, so I give them every chance I can.

If you don't have any pips at the end of day 22, and it is safe to open the incubator, you can choose one of the lightest colored eggs, and when you candle, give it a little tap with your fingernail up by the air sack. Most chicks will respond to the tap with some movement or even peck a bit. I have also candled with very cold hands and they respond to that too!

I've also held eggs up to my ear and lightly tapped and been able to hear cheeping.

Under a broody chicken, but I have never heard of anyone hatching one without a chicken or an incubator.

I've heard of a few rare cases when Chinese women successfully hatched eggs in their bra......:gig.

@CuzChickens you may have inadvertently stumbled upon a new product design...
"Dear, why do all your bras have this little pocket?"
"Well, remember how you said 'No more incubators'???"

Last edited:
Lol. Yeah, I already asked my mom, it was a very firm no go. :gig Don't know how I would do it with swim team anyway...You can found where folks have done it and made threads about it on here.

Look what I just got!! (happy dance ensues!!)
My BYC auction eggs are due tomorrow or Saturday!! Wahoo!
I see you received your new Hova. I've been tracking mine and it just got to Michigan at 1am.
1f621.png
I guess it pays to live closer to Incubator Warehouse.
1f60f.png
I put 3 of my EEs into lockdown last night for 1 is do to hatch Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. My new Genisis is due to arrive today which is good for next weekend I have 7 EEs due to hatch followed by 10 possibly 8 the following weekend.

I see you received your new Hova. I've been tracking mine and it just got to Michigan at 1am.
1f621.png
I guess it pays to live closer to Incubator Warehouse.
1f60f.png
I put 3 of my EEs into lockdown last night for 1 is do to hatch Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. My new Genisis is due to arrive today which is good for next weekend I have 7 EEs due to hatch followed by 10 possibly 8 the following weekend.
Needless to say once it does arrive like you I will be doing a happy dance as well. I woke up this morning at 5am to check on the locked down eggs and all seems well. The temperature is at 100 and humidity at 70%. Keep in mind this is a still air unit so if the numbers seem off please let me know. Hoping for all 3 to make it out of the oval prisons.
1f423.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f601.png

Needless to say once it does arrive like you I will be doing a happy dance as well. I woke up this morning at 5am to check on the locked down eggs and all seems well. The temperature is at 100 and humidity at 70%. Keep in mind this is a still air unit so if the numbers seem off please let me know. Hoping for all 3 to make it out of the oval prisons.
1f423.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f601.png

I am hoping for the best for your 3 as well!!

A lot of lost sleep on this thread going on! Mine don't lock down until Sunday, but I have a group of chicks I'm trying to transition to the outside (sheltered in our carport) portable pen. I left them contentedly sleeping under a light, but woke up panicked that they were cold. I went out to check, and sure enough, they were all standing up, crowding to get a good spot in the light - so, I brought them back in. I just got a heating pad to make a tunnel for them to get under, but hadn't had the chance to build it yet. So, that's item number one today.

Back
Top Bottom