February 2017 Hatch-a-long

Update: This one little Sebright is like no other chick I've hatched. At two days old, it is so alert, so upright, so agile and so FAST! I shall never be able to catch it when it is grown, so I hope it learns to come to me. So far, it enjoys perching on me, and is a chatterbox. It feels more like a parakeet than a chicken.

I have a Serama that is that way now. Tiny little lightening bolt. When you grab, you feel like you're gonna crush her? And she'll squirt out of your hand in an instant!
big_smile.png

Being a loner, I'm sure she will trust you in no time! We need some pics, ya know.

Update: This one little Sebright is like no other chick I've hatched. At two days old, it is so alert, so upright, so agile and so FAST! I shall never be able to catch it when it is grown, so I hope it learns to come to me. So far, it enjoys perching on me, and is a chatterbox. It feels more like a parakeet than a chicken.
How very sweet! I think as long as s/he is doing such things as perching on you, you'll have a great bond with that little one.
I myself have been wondering if the single chick will bond to me more due to it not having playmates...

I have a second thermometer and humidity meter in my incubator just to make sure and the incubator is correct on temp but humidity is off

What kind of incubator?

Usually a sponge will do the trick. For Brinsea Octagons, draping a thick paper towel (like Viva, etc) thru the wells and out to the sides helps. I also have some quilt batting that has worked well when I soak it.

I have a Serama that is that way now. Tiny little lightening bolt. When you grab, you feel like you're gonna crush her? And she'll squirt out of your hand in an instant!
big_smile.png

Being a loner, I'm sure she will trust you in no time! We need some pics, ya know.
Haha, quick little bantams! Seramas are so incredibly cute - dolls of the chicken world.

Okay, here are pics of my tiny darling, Firefly.

(I gave her a little vintage compact for 'company,' but she'd rather be with me.)

Back
Top Bottom