February 2017 Hatch-a-long

Oh! She is beautiful!
love.gif

Haha, quick little bantams! Seramas are so incredibly cute - dolls of the chicken world. Okay, here are pics of my tiny darling, Firefly. (I gave her a little vintage compact for 'company,' but she'd rather be with me.)
She is so darling! Have you weighed her? Can you? My itty bitty Serama

Well tomorrow night (Sunday)is lockdown for the duck eggs at home. Wed is lockdown for the eggs at the elementary school. I have to candle again today and I think I may have one at home that will have to go. If it's still floaty then it has stopped growing. But the rest are doing OK so far. Will candle the school eggs on Monday and again on Wednesday.
fl.gif

Well tomorrow night (Sunday)is lockdown for the duck eggs at home.  Wed is lockdown for the eggs at the elementary school.  I have to candle again today and I think I may have one at home that will have to go.  If it's still floaty then it has stopped growing. But the rest are doing OK so far.  Will candle the school eggs on Monday and again on Wednesday.:fl

Do the kids get to watch you candle them? I've had a few families come over and watch various stages of chick development, and hatching. I love to see their reactions when they get to see inside an egg for the first time!

I started a March hatchalong - if you want to join us, that'd be great!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1155960/march-2017-hatch-with-us/

Do the kids get to watch you candle them? I've had a few families come over and watch various stages of chick development, and hatching. I love to see their reactions when they get to see inside an egg for the first time!

I started a March hatchalong - if you want to join us, that'd be great!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1155960/march-2017-hatch-with-us/
Yep, the kids at home are always watching when I candle, but the kids at school take turns because of the danger of dropping the eggs with so many little hands and eyes all crowing around. Next spring I will get an egg cam for the teacher, so the whole class can have face time with the eggs. It will make her job easier.

I won't be hatcing any more eggs until April or May as I have to start spring gardening duties at the Vet Farm and I won't have much free time. I'll be hatching chocolate eggs.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom