Febuary hatch a long

I have been reading some other threads where other people lost power to their incubators. Our power was out for 2.5 hours while we were out at dinner. The temp was 79F when we got back. One of my eggs is supposed to be in lockdown starting tomorrow, and the other 9 are on day 9. I candled them as soon as I got home and saw no movement, but they were still cold. When should I check for movement again? Should I proceed with lockdown for the one egg?

My first hatch is going terribly.

I wouldn't give up...proceed as normal and see what happens...

Although my power loss happened early on (day 2 or 3) my incubator was without power for 5 hours... Got 25 going into lockdown tonight!!

I wouldn't give up...proceed as normal and see what happens...

Although my power loss happened early on (day 2 or 3) my incubator was without power for 5 hours... Got 25 going into lockdown tonight!!

Thank you all for your advice. At some urging from hubby I checked the eggs again when they had a chance to warm up and I see movement in all. Proceeding with lockdown for the RIR mix tomorrow!

Thank you all for your advice. At some urging from hubby I checked the eggs again when they had a chance to warm up and I see movement in all. Proceeding with lockdown for the RIR mix tomorrow!
hugs.gif

fl.gif
Common chickies!!!

Back
Top Bottom