Febuary hatch a long

Just did a day 5 candle. I have 12 of 18 shipped eggs left. I have 4 of 5 of my own eggs left. Two of the shipped eggs have detached air cells still. Not sure if those two have a chance or not.

Just received the Silkie eggs I ordered from Mary Robbins in Georgia - ordered 24, received 31! This fills up my incubator! I candled last night, and tossed 5 of my Silkie and Polish eggs..... they were clear. Tried to candle the Marans eggs I received earlier this week, but they are so dark I can't see through! So I guess I will assume that they are all developing and will hatch by the end of the month!

I know I am off topic but I saw The Zac Brown Band live last night and heard this song for the first time I loved it and wanted to share it with my chicken friends kind of cracked me up.

my power went out thismorning! i woke up a bit after 8 (my chickies in the house were crowing) and the power was out and the temp in the incubator was down to 82! we hooked it directly up to the generator. i hope they're alright!

Marthab those picpics were awesome thank you for taking the time :) today is day 7 I don't cull until 14 cause you never know till then unless there clear or blood ring for certain

Marthab those picpics were awesome thank you for taking the time
smile.png
today is day 7 I don't cull until 14 cause you never know till then unless there clear or blood ring for certain
HI, X's two on tossing eggs...that's why I do not candle till day 11............
and toss at lockdown..................

I know I'm late but does anyone kind if I join in?

I also set my largest batch ever this morning. A whopping 17 eggs im my home made coolerbator! :D

Buff orpingtons from my own flock. :)

Back
Top Bottom