Feeble attempt at crowing

Heathero617

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Mosheim
LOL so I went out to check on everyone after some nasty storms today. I have one of my guys making attempts, although feeble and in much need of improvement, to crow. I cracked up and got giddy at the same time. I've been missing my songs in the morning lately. Now...if I could figure out who's doing it !!!

I have a rooster named Ford because when he started crowing, it sounded like a Model T horn.
lau.gif

I love it when they first start crowing.

More nasty storms today, started at about 4am and i've been up since with my son who is petrified of thunder. I've not been able to go out and let them out of their coop, my dad might have when he stopped by to feed the barn cat, i'm not sure. As soon as this band passes i'm going to run out and let them out and see if anyone is going to show me their newly discovered talent! LOL

LOL....I have an 8 week black polish that just started crowing. I was quite proud of the little guy because he sounded just like the big boys in a little baby voice. I think he though he was cool because he crowed a couple of times right in a row.
lol.png

My last batch of birds that I hatched for the year is out in the grow-out pen now. They're about two and a half months old now and these last couple of days I've heard one of boys out there tuning up. It always sounds so funny when they start learning how to crow. Like they're being strangled or something.

Tom turkeys are pretty funny too. I have a grow out pen with some mixed age birds in it right now and the oldest are just starting to come of age. This last week or so one of the boys has been calling back whenever he hears the tom in the breeder tractor sound off. Except that with the youngster it sounds more like he's got something stuck in his throat or perhaps a bad coughing fit! I think the jenny hens are snickering whenever he tries to gobble.

A.T. Hagan :

My last batch of birds that I hatched for the year is out in the grow-out pen now. They're about two and a half months old now and these last couple of days I've heard one of boys out there tuning up. It always sounds so funny when they start learning how to crow. Like they're being strangled or something.

Tom turkeys are pretty funny too. I have a grow out pen with some mixed age birds in it right now and the oldest are just starting to come of age. This last week or so one of the boys has been calling back whenever he hears the tom in the breeder tractor sound off. Except that with the youngster it sounds more like he's got something stuck in his throat or perhaps a bad coughing fit! I think the jenny hens are snickering whenever he tries to gobble.

LOL THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to come up with a good example of how he sounds to tell my husband!!! He sounds like someone is strangling him! Its real short and raspy and its funnier than anything because i know he's trying hard...real hard, you can hear it in his "voice". I just want to know which one it is thats trying so hard lol My silkie would crow even if i was sitting right there, matter of fact, he'd make it a point to crow in my face! This guy is a "closet" crower!​

Quote:
LOL THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to come up with a good example of how he sounds to tell my husband!!! He sounds like someone is strangling him! Its real short and raspy and its funnier than anything because i know he's trying hard...real hard, you can hear it in his "voice". I just want to know which one it is thats trying so hard lol My silkie would crow even if i was sitting right there, matter of fact, he'd make it a point to crow in my face! This guy is a "closet" crower!

lau.gif
One of my GLP is trying to crow... started a couple of days ago... and it does sound like he is being strangled.... he is also a closet crower....

I am going to have to hide in the tack room in the barn and keep watch... I think I know who....

Back
Top Bottom