Feed and grit

Athena116699

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 2, 2014
Hello, my babies are three weeks old now and I've just started giving them grit today. How much should I give them? I pretty much give them chick starter two or three times a day...but how much grit should I put in with it...or should I put some in everytime I fill their food bowl? They are growing so fast ...wow...
love.gif
ep.gif

I have a big automatic feeder, that I put in my chick's coop right when I wake up in the morning, and I just leave it there for about 2 hours, take it out, then put it in at lunch, then take it out and put it in at dinner. They are now eating as much as they want.

For the grit, you should just start sprinkling it into their food once a day. I wouldn't reccomend putting it in a dish for them, as they might fill up on grit not food. Once they get older, you can switch to as much grit as they want.

Make sure to buy the chick grit.

Hi there, how often should I be feeding my girls oyster shell ?
I have it in the coop at the moment so they can just take as they want, is there any certain amount they would need ?
Thanks for any help..

Are you feeding them layer feed? Are their egg shells hard? The layer feed should have a lot of calcium, but if you are having soft shells, then just put some oyster shells in a seperate container, and keep it in the coop at all times. It may take them a little while to figure out it's edible, but they'll eat it if they need it:)

Yes we are feeding them layer feed, and also got the oyster shell in a seperate container, just needed to know if we keep that in there all the time. Thanks..

Thank you. I've been pretty much free feeding them the chick starter..and...put a hand full of grit in the food for them...but didn't know if it should be at every time I fill their dish or just once...Thank you

I feed grit in a separate dish and let them take what they need. Never had a chick over eat on it. As far as their starter...I would fill the feeder and just leave it in there all the time and keep it filled. They won't over eat andthey grow so fast, they need all the nutrition they can get all day long.

Back
Top Bottom