Feed Tests - More Results

All right, thanks for the results y'all! Much love to people who have paid out of pocket and spent a lot of their personal time to bring us all some reassurance. I for one, am satisfied. Scratch one conspiracy theory.

Hilariously though, this whole nonsense ended up landing me a feed-for-eggs deal on a whole grain feed I couldn't afford to buy otherwise (dude's brother works at a feed store and gets like a 40-50% discount). About to start fermenting that stuff for the most awesome eggs ever. I love using whole grain feeds. It smells good, it feels good in your hand. It looks like feed should look! And fermenting just massively increases the bioavailability. Best, beautiful orange yolks, yum!

I'm getting tons of eggs now that I switched off that producers pride crap. I had better luck with country road before that! now I'm on Nutrina and after 2 days of feeding, went from 1 egg every other day (sometimes 2 days), to 3 a day consistently. I'll never go back.

I'm getting tons of eggs now that I switched off that producers pride crap. I had better luck with country road before that! now I'm on Nutrina and after 2 days of feeding, went from 1 egg every other day (sometimes 2 days), to 3 a day consistently. I'll never go back.
Not to say that the feed change didn't help with egg production, but by any chance did you change the feed after days began to get longer?

Not to say that the feed change didn't help with egg production, but by any chance did you change the feed after days began to get longer?
I changed on Febuary 28th so the days were getting longer. However, with this flock and a couple others, I never had winter production this low when I was on any other feed. Just PP. And the egg increase literally happened in 2 days which seems crazy to me. Also, my cousins, neighbors, and members on here have all had similar experiences while changing feed earlier (shorter days than I did). So, to me it seems like the switch was a big factor.

Me either. And I know a number of other people that cannot taste a difference between store-bought and home-raise eggs.
I notice a big taste difference between store bought eggs, & eggs from my own birds. Store eggs are more bland, & not as flavorful, & rich. So, that's what turns me off about them. My go to eggs will only be from our chickens.

I changed on Febuary 28th so the days were getting longer. However, with this flock and a couple others, I never had winter production this low when I was on any other feed. Just PP. And the egg increase literally happened in 2 days which seems crazy to me. Also, my cousins, neighbors, and members on here have all had similar experiences while changing feed earlier (shorter days than I did). So, to me it seems like the switch was a big factor.
To add to this, I just read through Mike Adam's fairly extensive analysis of 6 feeds including PP. While he didn't find an alarming level of aflatoxin, heavy metals, or microbial presence, he did state the testing limitations which were: only testing 1 bag, and not testing for dioxins. So, sadly, the complete picture will never be drawn unless someone stockpiled thousands of bags and has the money to test for everything under the sun. Not likely. So, for me, I can only go by my experiences, observations, and others opinions on here and other sites. So, I came to the conclusion of switching to Nutrina which thankfully provided great results. But seriously, what ever anyones opinion is, this whole thing has been a FLUSTERCLUCK!!

I'll stick with science.

There being no plausible feed addition, subtraction, or contaminant which would do what is being claimed absent significant other symptoms, and fewer still which are as easily and rapidly reversed, I've relegated this little tempest in a social media teacup to the back of my mental trash bin.

But if you want to feed your birds better than the absolute nutritional minimum as result, by all means.

You will find me closer to those feeding all flock, all the time, to all ages. because Science.

I'll stick with science.

There being no plausible feed addition, subtraction, or contaminant which would do what is being claimed absent significant other symptoms, and fewer still which are as easily and rapidly reversed, I've relegated this little tempest in a social media teacup to the back of my mental trash bin.

But if you want to feed your birds better than the absolute nutritional minimum as result, by all means.

You will find me closer to those feeding all flock, all the time, to all ages. because Science.
I am a fan of accurate, financially and politically unmotivated science as well. I know you said this was moved to your mental trash bin, but what is your opinion on dioxins and their effects on egg laying. Curious to learn. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom