Feeding and Names?

MelissaMija

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2015
Edgewood, NM
Hello, Here from Edgewood,
I have 15 baby chicks, I went for 10 and came back with 15 hehe, they are so adorable. Well I would like some help please on how offen do I feed them? They are 12 days old, and they are Black Astrolorps and Jersey Giants.
Thank you for your help! :confused:

First off, congratulations on the new babies! It's always exciting to raise chicks and watch them grow. What I always did with my chicks was to keep a feeder out at all times, and when it was empty, I refilled it. I'm not sure what other poultry owners would do, but my chickens and ducks have grown to be healthy laying adults.
smile.png

-Alexandra33

I'd love to see pics! For food, I do what @Alexandra33 does.

For names, I always like to go off a TV show or theme. Right now my girls don't have any theme but I'm wishing I named them all after characters on Grey's Anatomy cause I call my rooster McDreamy lol (His real name is Daryl from the walking dead though).

My chickens are as follows:
Betty Lou
Elsa
Pepper
Tater
Tot
April
Dixie Chick
Daisy
Henrietta
Martha Stewart
Vivica (Vivie for short)
Daryl

I also had two chicks that didn't make it: Penny & Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Here's some suggestions for themes:
The Walking Dead
Grey's Anatomy
The Lion King
Disney Princesses (& Princes)
Fly Away Home (a movie about geese their names are Igor, Stinky, Long John, Featherbrain, Fluffy and Gruffy)
Kings & Queens

That's all I got. Hope I helped.

Last edited:

Those are great names, I have a hedgehog named Daryl, the walking dead is my favorite. I like the Disney princesses. I think that would go cute, however I have a few escape artist's. They are now 22 days old.

Back
Top Bottom