Feeding babies

My baby chicks are one week old. Do they need grit in the medicated baby chicken feed I am feeding them and how long do I feed medicated chick feed?
I don’t use the grit because the medicated feed/started feed crumbles are easy enough for them to get down without it, I’m doing medicated feed up to 8 weeks and then introducing grit (not mixed in the feed) with there regular new food!

They can get grit pecking around outside. They don't need grit until they are eating other things. Now i give then a little grit about two weeks old because i let them peck at a raisin i have rolled open between my fingers. I train them early on raisins.

I give grit right from the start as chicks will eat bedding, so it's just extra insurance. If their sole feed is starter, it's not necessary, but it will not harm them either to have access to small amounts of grit either.

I don't use medicated feed, you can check the recommendations/intructions for the feed you're using on the back of the package.

I don’t use the grit because the medicated feed/started feed crumbles are easy enough for them to get down without it, I’m doing medicated feed up to 8 weeks and then introducing grit (not mixed in the feed) with there regular new food!
Thank you!
I give grit right from the start as chicks will eat bedding, so it's just extra insurance. If their sole feed is starter, it's not necessary, but it will not harm them either to have access to small amounts of grit either.

I don't use medicated feed, you can check the recommendations/intructions for the feed you're using on the back of the package.
thank you!
They can get grit pecking around outside. They don't need grit until they are eating other things. Now i give then a little grit about two weeks old because i let them peck at a raisin i have rolled open between my fingers. I train them early on raisins.
👍🏻

💕👍🏻
I don't ever give mine grit but I also only feed the chicks the starter feed until they are big enough to go in the coop.
thank you

Back
Top Bottom