Feeding chicks and pheasant chick.

hellfire

Songster
8 Years
Nov 5, 2013
Plymouth Devon UK
Can I feed a pheasant chick on chick growers? Ive reared a rescued pheasant egg with my chicks! As a companies on the different protein requirements ive used turkey starter. I'm not sure it'll be ok to use turkey growers for chicks? They are 4 weeks all doing very well and nearly fully feathered! They are having a few hours out in the sun with grass and greens so would chick grower be ok for the pheasant chick?
Thanks for any info!

The chicks should probably have chick food and the pheasant game-bird food. However, and this may not be true, if you had to use one for all of them I think more protein is safer than less. You could feed scrambled eggs and insects to the pheasant chick to supplement him with protein.

Id love to feed separately but I cant seperate them. Its one pheasant chick. They've all done ok of turky crumb but do worry about too much protein. So if the pheasants out a lot would that be enough coupled with egg you think? Turn the chicks will eat the same anyway. Agghh be easier if id left that egg.

My experience you will kill the pheasant having it with chickens. I lost two beautiful golden pheasants when I put them in with chickens. They can't fight off disease like chickens can.

Great ive raised it only to kill it in the long run.
1f612.png
Ive got loads of pheasants here. Wild that is. They are always with the chux in the field eating their food. They roost in the trees. Guess they know its a safe field. Was hoping it'd join them in the end. I don't know what to do for the best.

Great ive raised it only to kill it in the long run.
1f612.png
Ive got loads of pheasants here. Wild that is. They are always with the chux in the field eating their food. They roost in the trees. Guess they know its a safe field. Was hoping it'd join them in the end. I don't know what to do for the best.

Keep up raising it and doing your best. It should join the wild pheasants when it grows up.
smile.png

My experience you will kill the pheasant having it with chickens. I lost two beautiful golden pheasants when I put them in with chickens. They can't fight off disease like chickens can.
I don't necessarily agree with this. In the UK is was the way to raise pheasants and partridge under hens in the past. It is also becoming a popular method of rearing pheasants again with the rise in the desire for birds with better instincts for a wilder bird.

Back
Top Bottom