Feeding the extra bird's

I just got done talking to my grandparents about the Turkey's.They said wr can likely do it,and the deal works.My grandma also put in "They get enough grit out in, the pasture and the frontyard.

Grandpa was sorta amazed,but he was definitely willing to let me in on it.

Now,I never.mentioned ducks (yeag,I am sorta scared,I have asked too much.)

Ducks are a lot of work and do kind of wonder off if you are free ranging. I had many many ducks and at night they were only in the shelters if I put them there or they were trying to hatch eggs. I lost a lot of them to foxes, raccoons, owls and such.
I would vote if I may for just the turkey hens for now.
Ducks have different food needs too. I would use all flock food for the mixed group and have oyster shell available since calcium is not in the all flock. You may need to read up about having turkeys and chickens in the same pen since this can also go badly.

Ok, I have a question for lovethembirds... If you dont mind me asking. How old are you and what kind of experience do you have? OK, you have 11 chickens, why are you expanding? Why the extra work and headache? Do you have a place to put all your new foul friends? Do you know what there needs are? Have you done your homework? I don't want to burst your bubble but be careful what you chew,You may choke on it. ( OK more then one question)

I cant say much,cause I am starting chicks for the first time, But, I did my homework, and I have 46 years of life experience under my belt. That's what I need to survive and get it done, and I am a workaholic...

Last edited:
I have had many experience with foul.You would be surprised of how much work I can do.I studied hard for these poultry birds.Me,my grandparents are working on my hens a new shed.It can fit thirty chickens.I know for a fact it will fit two turkey hens.

I am expanding just for something nee.I love animals and needed more pets.I have enough responsibility to take this on.

I am not allowed to speak of my age.It is in the BYC rules.

I had turkey's once, NEVER again. Don't get me wrong, I like turkey's, I just don't like how they eat a bunch of food, or how they poop ALL over the place. I think I'll stick with chickens and pheasants. Oh, I also had ducks, they were really messy.

Back
Top Bottom