Fermented feed feeder

www.extension.umn.edu/.../docs/build-your-own-poultry-feeders.pdf
Leigti,
I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, but once you said it, I had to look for a minute to find it! :)
Hope that helps!
Wanetta

www.extension.umn.edu/.../docs/build-your-own-poultry-feeders.pdf
Leigti, 

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, but once you said it, I had to look for a minute to find it! :)
Hope that helps!
Wanetta

That is pretty close. The one I saw was basically a 6 inch wide PVC pipe cut in half. It wasn't totally and a half, the sides curved in just a little. There were no ends on it. If the birds tried to perch on it it would roll them off. It was probably at least 6 feet long. I am going to try a shorter version of it.
Right now I am feeding my new checks medicated chick starter. But I would prefer to feed them something a little more natural however I want the benefits of the medicated feed. If I mix it half-and-half with a natural chick starter would they still get the benefits of the medicated? Or would it be diluted too much to matter?

Here is that picture. But as I look at it now I realize a chicken is standing in it. So I guess that's really not too good.

I really don't know. I think the best bet is the pig style feeder. I think it would work for thicker FF than my feeder did. I'm hoping to try a few things but that will have to wait, my plate is pretty full for now.

Last edited:
I was using plastic guttering but the roosters scratched their combs and wattles on it and there was always blood streaked there.
I now use the round rubber feed tubs. I use the smaller ones mostly because the hens stand in the bigger ones.

I just got my 14 Indian runners(7 weeks of age) a grown-up water container 5 gallons and two metal feeders. They have them oval holes on the top. They are scared of all there new things. What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom